Archival Storage SolutionsCustom made archival storage solutions and boxes made with premier archival boxboard by CXD International. We offer a vast range of scaleable template designs to accommodate virtually any archival storage project
A combination of strength and purity – permanent and durable.
This duplex colour, solid centre conservation boxboard is designed for the production of solid board boxes and folders to protect collections from the damage caused by handling, atmospheric pollution, fire and flood disasters.
The board is laminated from Conservation by Design Heritage Archival pHotokraft™ papers which pass the Silver Tarnish Test and Photographic Activity Test (PAT). They are acid-free and lignin-free, with a high percentage of bleached long kraft fibres. This board which meets the most stringent requirements of long-term archival storage for conversion into boxes or folders is laminated with EVA plasticiser-free adhesive which is more resistant to acid hydrolysis than other cheaper synthetic adhesives. This is important if you are looking for the maximum level of protection because if the adhesive breaks down and ‘off gases’ in the micro-environment of a box the contents can be damaged.
Premier™ Archival Folding Boxboard – Solid Centre offers a controlled ‘microenvironment’ for books, papers, photographs and other fragile items; adding to the physical protection a slightly alkaline environment helps to counteract any acidity in boxed materials. Reducible sulphur content of the board comfortably meets the ANSI American standard for the safe storage of photographic materials. The greatest care has gone into ensuring that this material meets detailed archival standards in terms of chemical composition whilst offering excellent folding strength and rigidity. The coloured paper surface of the board will not bleed and is resistant to fading, dirt, grease and abrasion, while the smooth white interior surface is designed to minimise abrasion of box contents.
Please note: Products made from corrugated board do not offer the same protection from fire or water as Solid Centre Board.
- Archive storage boxes – die cut
- Folders and portfolios
- Custom Kasemake CXD phase boxes
- Support boards
- Model making
- 300 micron for folders, 650 micron for boxmaking; folders, portfolio, small phase boxes.
- 1000 micron for Boxmaking, folders, medium phase boxes.
1300 –1625 micron for Boxmaking, large phase boxes.
Storage template styles have been developed worldwide by museums and galleries with Gunnar to ensure best practise archiving.
- Archival box-base & lid – These can also be made heavy duty, double wall for heavier objects (optional finger holes). Also available in clamshell style – for archiving virtually anything from delicate objects & materials, to memorabilia & heirlooms
- Phase box With lock tab – for documents, lithographs, thin books, photographs etc.
- Drop spine box – for very delicate books, materials & objects.
- Satchel box – for protecting & archiving journals, publications, documents.
- Trays & Lamson bins, with or without dividers – for archiving items, such as parts & accessories, tools, and multiple objects.
- Triangle tubes, with or without ends – for rolled up canvases, paper-based artwork (incl prints) & fabrics.
- Book shoes – sleeve style for quick & easy storage & protection for books.
- Protective corners – protects book & picture frame corners from damage.
- Book cradle display stand – to prevent stress on books while open.
Custom made to order, call or email Greig to discuss your requirements.
Prices quoted on box style and size. Many more templates available
35 Crawford Street, Dunedin 9016
Phone 03 477 7080
- Nevill Studios Ltd.
- 35 Crawford Street
- Dunedin: 9016
- Phone: +64 3 477 7080
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Open Hours: Monday – Friday
- 8.30am – 5.30pm
Please feel free to contact us. We'd love to hear from you, to answer any questions you may have about picture framing. Or, give us a like & a follow in the socials, simply fill in your details (Name, Email Address, Message required) and click ‘Submit”.